Thursday, May 17, 2007

MUU & Being interviewed on Finnish TV



Kiitos Heli ja Tomi!!!

Also, for those who are unaware, I was also interviewed on Finnish TV twice in Helsinki, so I'm now something of a Finnish icon having sung Shanghain Valot at the top of my voice in a Finnish Karaoke bar. It was possibly not the finest hour of my life and sadly evidence of this exists on the internet, but you'll be hard pressed to get the website address from me.

Suffice to say it was broadcast on YLE extra. Oh dear!

They then invited me and Markku to the studio to film a segment of a chat show, in which I was asked about 6 questions to do with Athens and 2 about Helsinki! Go figure! This included the painful question "so which is nicer... Athens or Helsinki?" If ever an interviewer was gonna pick a dumb question this was the one to pick!! I think I just about held it together - well they weren't burning effigies of me in the street so we must've done ok... funniest moment having me singing Salvem El Món and trying in vain to get Markku to play the bongos on live TV.... only in Finland!!!

Quick plug for the muu café below!
http://www.muu.fi/eurovision2007

No comments: