Monday, March 12, 2007

Swedes are the worrying kind


Sweden's six week long national final came to end on Saturday night in Stockholm. Ten songs competed in what is known in Eurovision circles as THE selection show.

The winner was The Ark with their glam-rock-disco disaster The Worrying Kind. I guess it's fair to say that I loathe this kind of '70's retro stuff, but I bet there's tons of people, all over Europe, who will love this.

I just have to hope now that the UK don't select Justin Hawkins as I don't think I'd be able to cope.

The Ark - The Worrying Kind



The mp3 is here:- http://www.box.net/public/6addne903d

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Words fail me. Sweden, what have you done?!

Suffice to say, I will be leaving the room in protest during the Swedish performance this year, and should The Evil Ark go on to win the contest (Måns forbid!), I shall have no option but to boycott the entire 2008 ESC!

I did think that our boy slightly over-performed on Saturday, and he didn't nail the vocal as well as in the semi, but he still at least should've come second. I could've dealt with him coming second. But to only come third, and behind Andreas Jonsson, well it's just such a slap in the face...

Chris said...

I agree 100%

By the way... what is this Swedish obsession with Andreas Jonsson? I mean he's shite... or am I missing summat really obvious somewhere along the line?

Unknown said...

I honestly can't see where the appeal lies either. Did a little 'research' today (and was mildly surprised to learn that he's 37) but even the usually informative Wikipedia was at a loss to explain what Sweden sees in him. I suspect that the answer can only be understood in Swedish.

Alas, with his 3rd place last year, and 2nd this, I suspect that he'll be back for his turn at winning next year. Which means that, statistically speaking, 2009 should be Måns's* year. I think I'll book tickets for the Globen now to beat the rush.

*slightly concerned that I now type alt-0229 for å without even thinking about it; I really need to get out more.

Chris said...

Ŵêŀl ýòû'łļ bè šћôċķéđ ţō ķňŏŵ ŧĥáť Ĩ čâń ďő íŧ ĩŋ mŷ şłèép!!!

This is when you need to get out more!!!